Ascent Funding is a mission-based, economic development lender. To qualify for a loan, borrowers must, at a minimum, satisfy all of the following requirements:
Been or Are Likely be Turned Down by a Bank, and
You’re the reason why we exist. In addition to providing you capital, our goal is also to help you become “bankable” along the way.
Be a Target Business, and
- Minority-owned business (at least 50%), or
- Woman-owned business (at least 50%), or
- Businesses located in low to moderate income areas (purple regions) as designated by the US Census Bureau, regardless of race or gender, or
- Otherwise disadvantaged business.
Located in the 4 County Portland Metro Region
- Multnomah County
- Clackamas County
- Washington County
- Clark County (Washington)
If you do not qualify for our loans, we encourage you to visit the SBDC’s Capital Access Team or the Portland District Office of the Small Business Administration. Either organization can connect you to other financing resources in the community. We also encourage you to sign up for our Get Loan Ready newsletter so you can be informed of upcoming classes and workshops geared to help you get the capital you need to grow your business.