Volunteer as a Business Advisor
Do you want to make a big difference to a small business in our community? If so, consider becoming an Ascent Funding business advisor. As an advisor, you’ll be an invaluable resource for our clients, providing them with the mentoring, support and technical assistance they need to grow and strengthen their businesses. We invite you to share your expertise and help our clients meet challenges with confidence and reach milestones with success.
- Passion for the Ascent Funding mission and for supporting small business owners
- Experience in launching or growing businesses, or knowledge of at least two key areas of small business development
- Ability to listen deeply without judgment, with an understanding of our client’s potential business and personal challenges
- Conduct initial meeting with client to discuss business goals, challenges and needs
- Meet one on one with client per a mutually determined schedule
- Update the Ascent Funding staff on client progress and challenges
Note: Previous business advising experience is preferred, but not required. A typical time commitment is a minimum of 4 hours a month, but length of advising engagement will vary depending on the needs of our clients.